Fundraisers make a difference!
Fundraisers don’t just raise money. They also help to raise awareness and create social change. And because giving and being part of something that’s bigger than us can promote mental wellbeing, fundraisers are also making their own and other’s lives better. Everyone benefits!
There are lots of ways that you can fundraise for Prevention United.
Host an event, nominate us as your charity of choice in a fun-run or other event, or encourage your workplace to partner with Prevention United and support our cause.
Fundraising doesn’t have to be complicated and it doesn’t have to raise thousands of dollars (although we’ll be very grateful if it does!). It just has to be social and enjoyable for you and those involved. Some proven fundraising ideas include:
- Afternoon or morning tea at school or work with gold coin donation. Have a yarn and eat something nice.
- Casual day – ask people at your work or school to pay to dress casual for a day.
- Car wash – get your friends together and offer to wash people’s cars for a small charge.
- Dinner party – ask your friends and family to come around for dinner and charge a small amount.
- Fancy dress – pick a theme or let people choose. Award prizes and collect donations.
- Fun run – register for a fun run and ask people to sponsor you.
- Sausage sizzle – simple and yummy. At your sports club, at work or at home.
- Talent show – bring out the performer in your friends. Ask people to perform a talent and charge the audience.
- Trivia night – make people laugh and exercise their brains. Totally mentally healthy!
- Meditation class – practice mindfulness and do some good for others as well.
Get in touch via our Contact Us page to register your interest to fundraise for Prevention United. One of our fundraising team will get back in touch with you to get things started.